Redirect to CHS blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Meet the New Executive Director of the Calfiornia Historical Society

Tuesday, December 6, 2011
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.

Free Event at the California Historical Society, 678 Mission Street, San Francisco

Please RSVP by December 1st to sanjali@calhist.org.

Enjoy wine and hors d’oeuvres as you join us for a reception welcoming the California Historical Society’s new executive director Anthea M. Hartig, Ph.D. A third-generation Californian, Dr. Hartig comes to CHS after six years with the National Trust for Historic Preservation, where she directed the Trust’s Western Office. Previously, Dr. Hartig chaired the State Historical Resources Commission and taught history and cultural studies at La Sierra University in Riverside and graduate courses in historic preservation at the University of California, Riverside from where she holds a Ph.D. and Master’s Degree.

1 comment:

Birdhouse Artist Greg Zirbel said...

Welcome to Northern California.

I sorry I'll miss the reception but look forward to meeting you one day soon.
I have something that you and the rest of California would be interested in and I love to share. My Birdhouses built from reclaimed historic Redwood lumber that just happen to resemble Sonoma County Historical landmarks and wineries. If you ever get up to the Santa Rosa area, look me up I'd be happy to share. I'll be displaying dozens January 5th - Feb. 2nd at the Finley Community Center with an artist reception Thursday Jan 5th 5-7.